"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Friday, October 15, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (31) & Follow Friday (2)

Book Blogger Hop is a fun meme hosted by Crazy For Books. Enter your link and go hop around other blogs that are out there, ready to be discovered!

This week I had to play 2 games! I feel kind of small being the only freshman on the varsity team and all the other players being seniors. I've also gotten my homework done which I think is a great thing! So, yeah, I don't really know what else to say. =)

"When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?"

This doesn't happen to me, mainly because I tend to like each book. I know there have been times when I don't really like a book but I think it's important to give each book a chance so I almost always finish a book before I move on to the next. I just don't like not knowing what happens.

This is my second week participating and I really like I so far!

What is your reading suggestion this week?

My reading suggestion this week would be Fire by Kristin Cashore. I loved this book! You can read my review of it here.

If you're visiting, make sure you leave your link and I'll make sure to visit your blog!

10 comments:

  1. I try to finish every book I read, too. But I've read a lot of stinkers lately that I wish I had given up on. Oh, well.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fire seems interesting!

    http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire is on my TBR pile, I loved Graceling. Happy hopping Friday!

    Donna
    http://happy-booker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by and enjoyed your book reviews. Have a well-read weekend!

    http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!"
    I will stick with it and finish a book even if I don't like it. And if it's part of a series I will finish that too. I feel like I'm going to miss something incredible if I don't. LoL
    Happy reading this weekend!
    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/
    New follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to say hi. Stop by and visit sometiime and enter my book giveaway and while your there do the poll that i have going.
    I love your blog
    Have a great weekend!
    Lora
    http://readforyourfuture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Follow Friday!!! Hope you will stop by my blog too! My publisher and I are looking for a group of bloggers for a huge blog tour next year before the release of book two in my 'A Sense of Truth' series! We will be giving out a few more copies of The Thirteenth Chime (we can only give out so many, being open to e-books gives an upper hand) and are still open to all interviews and guest posts. We want to fill up the Amazon page with reviews and try to reach as many people as we can!!! Hope you might consider being a part of the team! Thank you either way!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    Emma_Michaels@hotmail.com
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I found you through the hop. I'm a new follower.

    Have a great weekend!

    I hope you can check out my blog sometime!
    -Elena
    http://elenasbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to check out fire - come see our suggestions.
    found you on the follow
    www.seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is usually how I feel about things, although I have decided there were a few books that just didn't deserve to be finished... and they were so predictable anyways that I could pretty much figure out where it was going anyways (and reading reviews of those books later told me I was right)

    It tends to happen a lot in the fantasy genre.

    Check out my Blog Hop and Follow Friday HERE!

    ReplyDelete