"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Annexed by Sharon Dogar

Title: Annexed
Author: Sharon Dogar
Published: October 2010
Pages: 332
Rating: 4/5
Summary: What was it like hiding in the Annex with Anne Frank? To be with Anne every day while she wrote so passionately in her diary? To be in a secret world within a world at war--alive on the inside, everything dying on the outside?
Peter Van Pels and his family have lost their country, their home, and their freedom, and now they are fighting desperately to remain alive.
Look through Peter's eyes.
He has a story to tell, too.
Are you listening?

Review: I love historical books and even more if I know that it actually happened.
 
This book is basically what happened while they were hiding to survive but in the point of view of Peter van Pels. It goes through the 2 years that they spent hiding and what he thought. Keep in mind that the book is fiction and that things inside the book didn't actually happen.
 
We may all know the story of Anne Frank but I think was a very creative idea to write a book from Peter's point of view. It gives you an idea of how everyone may have had a different perception of what they were going through.
 
There are pages where Peter is talking to you. He's commenting about something that might have happened and how they may not have know that something might have happened. I thought that these little things made the book much more interesting.
 
I enjoyed this book a lot. Even though I know all of this may have not happened, I think most people would enjoy it. Since I hate when things don't turn out happy I didn't really enjoy the ending but I have to say that it was interesting the way the author did it.
 
I was sent this book for a honest review.

1 comment:

  1. This one seems to go out a lot at our library. Great review!

    ReplyDelete