"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

Title: The Golden Lily
Author: Richelle Mead
Pages: 418
Rating: 5/5
Synopsis: Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.


Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.


Review: This book was so good! I feel like this book was better than Bloodlines even though I really enjoyed that one too! Richelle Mead just keeps bringing new things into the world when you thought there wasn't much more to learn of it. 


Sydney is now a bit more accepting of those around her and starting become more comfortable with them. She is still looking out for all of them and trying to do the best she can. She also starts to see that not everything that she was taught is exactly as they say.  Little by little she sees things a bit different. I loved reading of all the different things that she knows which just makes you realize how smart and intelligent she is. One thing I really enjoyed was how she knows she can't fight like Rose but still wants to be able to put up a fight. She might not fight like Rose but she knows how to in a different way.

In Vampire Academy I didn't really like Adrian as much as others but this book let's you see deeper into his character and I have to say that now I love him! He's still that bad boy we all know and love but we get to see different sides to him. He's starting to take control of his life and now does something that he loves. I loved how he's trying to help in his own way. And that ending killed me because of how Adrian must have felt.

Another character that we can't forget is Eddie. In Vampire Academy we didn't get to see a lot of him but I love how here we see him more. Just like a lot of character he has gone through bad times that are now affecting the decisions that he makes. Angeline was awesome to read about. She had never experienced life like this so seeing her adventures and the things she does was awesome. And Jill. I feel kind bad for what she is going through and having to give up things. And again towards the end it was kind of sad for her too.

I feel like things have just started to get better and there is still much to see so I can't wait to read the next book, The Indigo Spell, which I'm sure will be amazing. I want to see Sydney embrace that part of her that she doesn't want to but that has helped her. I can't wait to see what happens next with all the things that were revealed in this book!

4 comments:

  1. I loved Bloodlines and I thought TGL was better too! And I think TIS is going to be so much better also. Have you read Mead's tweets about TIS? The tease! Loved Adrian in VA and I loved him more in Bloodlines series and I even love him more with Sydney! Goodness I just love everything that has Sydney and Adrian on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I can't wait until it comes out so I can read more about Sydney and Adrian!

      Delete