"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Friday, March 12, 2010

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Title:Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Author: Lewis Carroll
Published: 1865
Pages: 116
Rating: 4/5
Summary: Alice is lounging ona riverbank when she is startled by the sight of a peculiar White Rabbit, muttering anxiously to himself and plucking a wath from his pocket. Burning with curiosity-after all, she's never seen a rabbit with a watch before, let alone a pocket in which to keep it-Alice follows him. Down, down, down the rabbit hole she tumbles, finally landing in Wonderland, a world of twisted logic and nonsensical rhymes.

Review: An amazing book it is! I really liked it! Weird but good!

Alice went through so many adventures that I really had to pay attention to what was happening. I did love reading about how everything was so strange and different.

I honestly loved the characters that I read about. Each had something different about them. Most of the time I kept thinking of how weird they were but I loved it! The way that Alice talked about them made it appear as if everyone was perfectly normal. By the end of the book I felt that I had some sense of who the characters were even though the reader never really does.

I loved seeing everything through the eyes of Alice. All of the different things that she went through really kept me reading. Each time something strange happened I wanted to see if there was anything else that could happen.

Reading this book was really different for me. I had never read anything like it before and I liked that. I doubt I will read anything close to what this book gave me. These really were Alice's Adventures in Wonderland!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this right now. I saw this beautiful hardcover at B&N. I may have to go back and buy it.

    PS
    I like your header :D

    ReplyDelete