"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Title: Rules of Attraction
Author: Simone Elkeles
Published: 2010
Pages: 324
Rating: 5/5
Summary: When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

Review: When I found out that there would be a sequel to Perfect Chemistry I couldn't wait to read it. I'm glad that it was amazing!

This story is different than the one from Perfect Chemistry but it's just as good! After coming back from Mexico Carlos is unhappy because of what his brother, Alex, wants him to do. He goes out of his way to do things he knows his brother would disagree with. After something goes wrong he is forced to move in with a professor.

Carlos seems to be a lot like his brother but at the same time he's different from him. Unlike his brother he doesn't really want the life that his brother has. The things he said made me laugh and at times it also made me want to cry. He tries to deny that he loves Kiara but at the end he realizes the truth.

I loved Kiara! Her personality was awesome! She didn't get in trouble but also knew what to do when she wanted to get back at someone. She knows how to let free and enjoys stuff that may not be so common. Her reactions to Carlos were great, at times they made me laugh!

Overall, I greatly enjoyed this book and I'm glad that I read it! Now I just have to wait for the next book! Hopefully it comes out soon!

5 comments:

  1. glad you enjoyed it :) i love simone elkeles- she's a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I really want to read Simon Elkeles' series. She's one of the clients for the agent I'm hoping to get for my own series, and all I hear is good things about Simon and her two books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love loved this book. I've loved all of Simone Elkele's books. She's amazing. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read at least one of Simone Elkeles' books. Hopefully the library has Perfect Chemistry! Happy Blog Hop Day :)

    ReplyDelete