"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Devoured by Amanda Marrone

Title: Devoured
Author: Amanda Marrone
Published: September 2009
Pages: 287
Rating: 4/5
Summary: Megan’s twin sister Remy died in an accident nine years ago, and she’s been haunting her ever since. Knowing how crazy that sounds, Megan keeps this secret to herself and tries to lead a normal life. But when she takes a summer job at Land of Enchantment to keep an eye on her new boyfriend and his lovesick best friend, Samantha, she meets fellow employee Luke who can see Remy, too. Things get even twistier because Megan’s new friend Ari is sporting a massive crush on Luke, who seems to be developing a massive crush on Megan…making for a love triangle that’s positively possessed.
Megan wants to keep her distance from Luke, but when Remy’s visions get crazy violent; she knows she needs his help. Because someone’s definitely in danger...the only question is who?
 
Review: The reason that I decided to read this one was because I had seen it around.
 
The story starts off with Megan who gets a job to be closer to her boyfriends who is spending more time with another girl. She gets the job and while she's there her twin sister, who died when they were small, makes an appearance and freaks Megan out. Things start to happen and soon she will need help to know what her sister is trying to tell her.
 
Megan is trying to be a normal teen who has problems like others. Her problems start to become bigger when she gets her job and her sister starts to appear more often. What I enjoyed was the relationship she had with Luke and how he helped her. Luke was a great character and overall I enjoyed his role in the story.
 
I thought it was different to put the story of Snow White in this book. I thought that the story the author put as Snow White was so different to what we all know. One part that I really liked was the mirror. I never thought that mirrors could be so mean!
 
The end was something that I liked even if I didn't like some parts that led up to it. I enjoyed reading it and I will sure look out for more books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment