"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tempted by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast

Title: Tempted
Author: P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
Published: October 2009
Pages: 319
Rating: 4/5
Summary: So…you’d think after banishing an immortal being and a fallen High Priestess, saving Stark’s life, biting Heath, getting a headache from Erik, and almost dying, Zoey Redbird would catch a break. Sadly, a break is not in the House of Night school forecast for the High Priestess in training and her gang. Juggling three guys is anything but a stress reliever, especially when one of them is a sexy Warrior who is so into protecting Zoey that he can sense her emotions. Speaking of stress, the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and Zoey is beginning to believe Stevie Rae could be responsible for a lot more than a group of misfit red fledglings. Aphrodite’s visions warn Zoey to stay away from Kalona and his dark allure, but they also show that it is Zoey who has the power to stop the evil immortal. Soon it becomes obvious that Zoey has no choice: if she doesn’t go to Kalona he will exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her. Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul?

Review: I was first introduced to this series by someone else who said that they were good.

The book basically continues the story of Zoey Redbird. She has to deal with trying to lead everyone to a victory against the bad guys (and girl). They have travel to other places and keep trying to stay alive so that  they can help those that don't know what is happening.

I'll admit that at times Zoey annoyed me because of her boy problems. I kept thinking that she should do something about it rather than let them keep on doing what they did, which was why I was glad when she kind of started to do that. I think that I started to like her a bit more this time around.

Since we got to see more of the world of the red fledglings we also got to see the secrets that their High Priestess is keeping. I understood that she didn't want to keep secrets from Zoey but that she felt that is was necessary. I was actually glad that Stevie Rae was interacting with one of the bad guys (or birds).

I will read the next book, Burned, to see what happens next after the ending that this one had. I was actually saying that if that happened it would make the books so much better. If you really, really like vampires then I guess this is your kind of book but if you're tired of them don't read this one!

2 comments:

  1. I was seriously hooked on this series. I finished all 8 books in like two weeks. Could not put them down. Now I have to wait until Jan for the next one......sucks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is not one of my faves but I do enjoy it. Definitely for vamp fans only---good point there!

    ReplyDelete