"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Published: October 2010
Pages: 427
Rating: 4.5/5
Synopsis: Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but atleast she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Path hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.
 
Review: At the beginning it seems like Nora has all the things her life needs at the moment. All of this is shattered in a matter of hours. Patch seems to have gotten over Nora and moved on to Marcie. Nora finds out there is more to the truth than she's been told and the truth may be something that she doesn't want to know.

I didn't enjoy reading from Nora's point of view as much as I did in Hush Hush. I liked how she didn't always cry about what happened and did something about it even if it wasn't the best thing.For me her jealousy seemed reasonable considerring that it was Marcie the one that Patch seemed to spend a lot of time with. She did things that seemed unlike her but I think it all fits on how she was feeling at the time.

I didn't enjoy not having the Patch that was in Hush Hush. I was glad that at the end everything was explained for his actions. I honestly though something must be wrong with him. His actions didn't seem to match with the things that he said. I didn't think that it was nice how he tried to help Nora in the ways that he could.

I didn't really expect for the book to end the way it did. There were so many things that were revealed, some that I was kind of expecting and others that I wasn't. They seemed to explain so much! I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

I'm not giving it 5 stars because I didn't like it as much as I did with Hush Hush but I still thought it was really good. If you've read Hush Hush and still haven't read Crescendo then you really must.

No comments:

Post a Comment