"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken

Title: Brightly Woven
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Published: 2010
Pages: 354
Rating: 5/5
Summary: Just as the rains come after ten long, dry years, a young wizard, Wayland North, appears, to whisk Sydelle Mirabil away from her desert village. North needs an assistat, and Sydelle is eager to see the country- and to join him on his quest to stop the war that surely will destroy her home. But North has secrets- secrets about himself, about why he chose Sydelle, about his real reason for the journey. What does he wanr from her? And why does North's sworn enemy seem fascinated by Sydelle himself?

Review: I loved this book! It's what I would say if anyone asked me what I thought of it.

I absolutely loved this story. It starts off with Sydelle in the mountains playing a game with others. Then she feels what she hasn't felt for years, water. She meets a person who wants to talk with her dad. After this, the story takes off in an adventure that you won't want to stop reading about.

I loved how Sydelle was a female character that didn't give up and didn't depend much on the help of North and I also loved how she always tried to find how exactly why it was that the wizard had chosen her. I liked the way how she took decisions that maybe weren't easy but that she thought were necessary. Books that have a strong heroine and not one that depends on others for help are the kinds that I will most likely end up loving.

Wayland North was simply. . . Wayland North. The reader knows that something is wrong when they start meeting other wizards that keep saying their ranks while North avoids it. He seemed to be having some real conflicts that made me love him even more as I kept reading.

For me this was one of those stories that you just have to read. From the beginning of the book to the end there was something that was happening. There were characters that I liked and others that I didn't. It had some of the elements that I most like to see, which I think influenced me a lot to really enjoy it! Overall, this will be one of the favorites of mine!

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping from Blog Hop. :) I really would like to read this book and need to add it to my ever growing TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this one!! Thanks for the awesome review!! She sounds like a great heroine!

    ReplyDelete