"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Nourishing the Need (1)

Nourishing the Need is a new blog feature that will be posted here every week. This will be a way for me to talk anything about books. It will be broken up into sections so that it's a bit more organized (at least I hope so!) Please tell me what you think of this feature!

Book Recommendations:

Are there any books that you would recommend to me that you have read and think that are good? They don't have to be new, just have to be good.

Book Covers:

Queen in Exile by Donna Hatch
I love how everything blends together in the background! The colors, the design on her eye, and the text! If I was walking by it, it would definitely catch my eye!

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
Don't you just love everything about this cover? Just look at where the sun is positioned! And the wings! I think I'm in love! =)

Books Finds:
Book of Love by Abra Ebner
This one sounds like an interesting story. I read the excerpt on the author's website and it looked very interesting.

Folly by Marthe Jocelyn
It seems like it takes time in Victorian London and I love the Victorian times and everything that has to do with those times. This just makes me to really, really want to read it!

So what do you think? Like the covers?

4 comments:

  1. I like the covers of most of those books, especially Queen in Exile. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo I LOVE LOVE that cover - OHHH I cant wait for Halo!! I also really love the cover For book of love! So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Queen in Exile by Donna Hatch cover! And the Halo one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Halo cover!!! Queen in Exile looks really good and I hadn't heard of it before. Great new feature on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete