"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeleine L'Engle

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenengger

Title: The Time Traveler's Wife
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
Published: 2003
Pages: 546
Rating: 4/5
Summary: Audrey Niffenegger's innovative debut, The Time Traveler's Wife, is the story of Clare, a beautiful art student, and Henry, an adventuresome librarian, who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-three and Henry thirty-one. Impossible but true, because Henry finds himself periodically displaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past and future. His disappearances are spontaneous, his experiences unpredictable, alternately harrowing and amusing.

Review: This book covers the life of Clare and Henry. Henry is different than others, he time travels. He is constantly finding himself in places that he has been to or in the future.
 
I thought that it was sweet that Clare always waited for Henry and loved him even though he disappeared often.She had to learn to live a life different than what most had. She also had to suffer a lot throughout her life.
 
Henry has always had a hard life so I understood the way he acted and changed. Clare changed him in ways that he didn't think possible. he had to live with the knowing that he couldn't change things from the past or the future.
 
For a long time I had been wanting to read this book so I was excited when I got the chance. I liked how the book changed the point of view from Clare to Henry. I had never read a book that had this kind of plot and I think it was a good book. I would definitively recommend it to others, just be aware, it makes you think and I didn't quite like the end.

1 comment:

  1. My seventeen year old son sat down with this book, for the next 12 hours he did nothing but read. He cried when the book was finished. Any book that can do that, is a book to buy. I have never seen a book do that to him.

    ReplyDelete